COVID-19 Information for Schools and School Boards
School boards and schools should visit this website regularly as information and resources related to COVID-19 are updated frequently.
Guidance and information on COVID-19 for school boards and schools can be found below.
CONTACT US: Schools looking for more information or support can contact the Health Unit through their assigned school liaison or by sending an email to email@example.com.
This toolkit is intended to be used by school boards and schools to manage COVID-19 in a school setting. These tools also apply to childcare centres and before/after school programs that operate within schools.
- Operational Guidance: COVID-19 Management in Schools – Government of Ontario (Aug 26, 2020)
- Guide to reopening Ontario’s schools – Government of Ontario (July 30, 2020)
- COVID-19 guidance for schools Kindergarten to Grade 12 - Government of Canada
- School and COVID-19 (Public Health Ontario)
- Posters for schools:
- Resources to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace (including the child care sector)
- General infection prevention and control resources for schools and child care centres
- How to Put on and Take Off a Medical Mask and Eye Protection
- Food in Schools During COVID-19
- Student Nutrition Programs During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Teaching Tools for Educators
- Physical Education and Physical Activity in Schools During COVID-19
Information for Parents and Students
Many families are concerned about COVID-19 and a safe return to school. The following information can be shared with parents and caregivers:
- School During COVID-19: Information for Parents and Students
- Frequently Asked Questions: Going to School During COVID-19
- Screening Tools:
- Information for Families That Have Recently Travelled or Are Planning to Travel Outside of Canada