General Information on COVID-19 Vaccines
Vaccines are safe, effective and the best way to protect yourself and those around you from serious illnesses like COVID-19. Vaccines work with your immune system so your body will be ready to fight the virus if you are exposed. This can reduce your risk of developing COVID-19 and make your symptoms milder if you do get it.
Ontario’s supply will not arrive all at once, so distribution will happen in stages. The goal is for everyone in Ontario to be able to get a COVID-19 vaccination if they want one, as soon as enough doses are available from manufacturers.
More information can be found at the links below:
- Ontario’s COVID-19 vaccination plan – information on why to get vaccinated, when vaccines will be available, and how Ontario is prioritizing vaccinations for different populations
- COVID-19 vaccines for Ontario – updates on the phased vaccine roll-out plan for Ontario, the latest number of vaccine doses administered, and more
- COVID-19 vaccine safety – information on the safety of COVID-19 vaccines, Canada’s approval process, vaccine ingredients, how they work and possible side effects
- Guidance on the prioritization of initial doses of COVID-19 vaccine(s) (National Advisory Committee on Immunization)
- Frequently Asked Questions About the COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resources: Factsheets