Proof of Vaccination Requirements for Businesses and Organizations
To protect the general public and employees, the Ontario government has announced that starting September 22, 2021, it will require people to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status to access certain businesses and settings.
The province is making the enhanced vaccine certificates available for download in cohorts. Enhanced vaccine certificates with official QR (Quick REponse) codes will be made available for download from the COVID-19 vaccination portal over three days based on birth month:
- October 15, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.: All individuals born between January and April
- October 16, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.: All individuals born between May and August
- October 17, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.: All individuals born between September to December
Starting October 18 at 6:00 a.m., the portal will open for any individual to download their enhanced vaccine certificate, regardless of their birth month. Individuals can also call the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900 to have their enhanced vaccine certificate emailed or mailed to them. People can save the electronic version of their vaccine certificate with a QR code to their phone or print a paper copy.
- Proof of Vaccination Guidance for Businesses and Organizations under the Reopening Ontario Act
- Proof of vaccination questions and answers for businesses and organizations
- Ontario to Require Proof of Vaccination in Select Settings (Ministry of Health, September 1st, 2021)
- Ontario Releasing Guidance to Support Proof of Vaccination Policy (Ministry of Health, September 14, 2021)
- Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC): Policy statement on COVID-19 vaccine mandates and proof of vaccine certificates (September 22, 2021)
- Enhanced COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate with QR Code and Verify Ontario App Available for Download Starting October 15 (October 15, 2021)