Protecting Yourself and Your Family
The Eastern Ontario Health Unit is recommending that all residents of the region practise physical (social) distancing and stay home as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow or a tissue, not your hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just cleaned your hands.
- Stay/work at home as much as possible and avoid non-essential outings.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick, and stay home if you are sick.
- If you are over the age of 70, or have a medical condition or compromised immune system, it is strongly recommended that you self-isolate.
- Check in on family, friends and neighbours by phone or online.
- Make sure that you get high-quality information about COVID-19 from reliable sources: