If you are interested in a student placement at the Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU), please contact us to receive an application form at email@example.com or at 613-933-1375 or 1 800 267-7120 (press 1).
We encourage you to send in your request a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the start date of your placement.
- Requirements to be identified in the letter prior to reviewing your request are:
- Student's name, address, phone number(s) and best time to be reached as well as email address(es)
- Discipline and clear objectives (which of our programs would help reach your objectives?)
- College/University name, contact person(s) and phone number(s) as well as email address(es)
- Which office would you like to do the placement in? (Cornwall, Casselman, Alexandria, Hawkesbury, Winchester or Rockland)
- Start and end dates of placement; how many days per week = total hours
- Spoken & written language(s)· Identify if there is a formal evaluation to be completed and how often
- Once the interview is successful we will require the following:
- Immunization records
- Proof of current year influenza vaccination or consent to receive the seasonal influenza vaccine
- Vulnerable Sector Check dated no less than 12 months as of request date
- Declaration of understanding of insurance coverage for students on unpaid work placements form
- Training participant signed consent form (Declaration of understanding of insurance coverage for unpaid placements by the Ministry of Training Colleges Universities (MTCU)
- Proof of completion of the following courses:
- Breastfeeding Friendly Initiative (BFI) online course: http://www.beststart.org/courses/login/index.php. The course name is Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Breastfeeding Friendly BFI Web Course – Revised 2013 – Maman en santé, bébé en santé Cours virtuel sur l’allaitement
- Health & Safety course: http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/elearn/worker/index.php
- WHMIS course: http://www.ccohs.ca/products/courses/whmis_workers/
- AODA Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act: http://www.aoda.ca/training-resource/
- Resume (Optional)
Please note that you will be required to sign a Statement Regarding Confidentiality form prior to the start of the placement.
IMPORTANT: Proof of current year influenza vaccination or consent to receive the seasonal influenza vaccine is required. We will not be able to accommodate your request if you are not in agreement.