Healthcare Providers and Health Sector
Health professionals have a critical role to play in identifying, reporting and managing potential cases of COVID-19. Below you can find links to the latest COVID-19 information and guidance from the Eastern Ontario Health Unit, Ontario’s Ministry of Health, and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Eastern Ontario Health Unit:
- COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Local COVID-19 news and statistics, information about local testing/assessment centres, guidance for community partners and general COVID-19 information.
- PHAC COVID-19 Vaccine Study – Family physicians and NPs are invited to participate in this timely and innovative study looking at how digital messages about the COVID-19 vaccine can be tailored to meet parent information needs and improve vaccine uptake among children age 5+.
Ontario Ministry of Health / Public Health Agency of Canada Resources:
- Ministry of Health Guidance on Medical Exemptions for COVID-19 Vaccinations
- COVID-19 Guidance for the Health Sector
- Resources for Health Care Professionals
- More Directives, Memorandums and Other Resources from the Ministry of Health
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): For health professionals
Resources for sharing with clients:
General COVID-19 vaccine information
- COVID-19 Vaccine for Children Aged 5 to 11
- Information for Parents About Youth Vaccination
- Destination Normal: The COVID-19 Vaccine for Youth Aged 12 to 17
- How do the Pfizer BioNTech and Moderna vaccines protect against COVID-19? (video)
- Ask Dr. Paul - COVID-19 Vaccine (video series)
- Frequently Asked Questions About the COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resources: Factsheets and Videos
- General Information on COVID-19 Vaccines
- More vaccine information can be found at COVID-19 Vaccines
COVID-19 vaccine clinics
- How and Where to Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Need assistance booking or getting to your COVID-19 vaccine appointment?
- Preparing for Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment
- Youth-Led Video Tour of an EOHU COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic (youth video tour)
- Video Tour of an EOHU COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic (adult video tour)
General COVID-19 information and resources
- COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – local COVID-19 news and statistics, information about local testing/assessment centres, vaccination, how to prevent the spread of COVID-19, what to do if you have symptoms, and more.
- COVID-19 Media Briefings – the latest local COVID-19 news from Medical Officer of Health Dr. Paul Roumeliotis
- Take the COVID-19 Self-Assessment
- Check Your COVID-19 Test Result Online
- Download the COVID Alert Mobile App