Thank you for Liking us on Facebook! The Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU) uses Facebook as one tool in its efforts to communicate clearly, quickly and in an interesting manner to the residents of eastern Ontario.
The EOHU is not responsible nor liable for any costs, losses or damages arising from the use or access to its Facebook page or groups.
Posts displayed on the EOHU Facebook page/groups will cover various topics related to public health, including, but not limited to, EOHU campaigns, relevant health information for our region, 3rd party web content of interest, advisories and warnings, and media releases. We will also strive to provide interactive content.
The number of posts will vary depending on relevant material available each day, but will most likely be around 1-3 posts a day. During some periods, we may post more or less frequently than average.
Feedback and Messages
If we feel a comment or a question posed to EOHU requires a response and/or a greater level of detail, we may develop a formal response and distribute the information through other channels such as email, our website, or other social media channels. We will pay attention to emerging themes and helpful suggestions and look forward to this potential interaction.
We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium and your comments are welcome at any time. However, moderating and posting of comments will generally occur during regular business hours. Exceptions to this may include EOHU events taking place outside of regular hours. EOHU is not responsible for offering this service outside of the stipulated hours. EOHU cannot guarantee it will respond to all questions or comments.
Please note: we cannot offer medical advice, diagnosis or treatment via Facebook. If you have a question about a specific medical condition, you should contact your healthcare provider. If you live in Ontario, you can also call Health Connect Ontario at 811, or chat online at https://healthconnectontario.health.gov.on.ca/static/guest/chat-online. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
We encourage the media to follow traditional channels to make a media request by calling the EOHU at 613-933-1375 or toll free: 1-800-267-7120.
Policy on Comments
The EOHU welcomes your comments and will not discriminate against any views. Disagreements and constructive arguments are acceptable as part of the discussion. However, abusive or insulting comments are not acceptable. We expect the content of posts to be respectful of others. The views of participants commenting on this Facebook page do not necessarily represent the views of EOHU.
Comments posted outside of our regular office hours are automatically hidden, and will be reviewed and posted if approved the following business day.
The Eastern Ontario Health Unit:
- Requires a valid Facebook account for every comment;
- Will moderate and review posted comments and may participate or intervene, as appropriate. While EOHU will not respond to all questions or comments, we will attempt to provide response and/or additional information or links when possible;
- Expects posted comments to be relevant to the section they are posted to and to the overall topic of the page;
- Disclaims all liability for comments posted to Facebook;
- Reserves the right to edit or remove comments that are not appropriate, including:
- Racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- Serious, not proven, not supported, or not accurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- Abusive, aggressive, coarse, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- Comments that encourage or suggest illegal activity
- Messages that infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights
- Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency
- Messages that attempt to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency
- Announcements from labour or political organizations
- Messages written in a language other than English or French
- Comments not sent by the author, or which are posted by anonymous or robot accounts
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages
- Messages that are off-topic and any other message that the forum moderators feel will not add to the flow of debate, and
- Messages that infringe upon an individual's privacy
In short, be respectful and make sure your comments are relevant to the topic under which you are responding. Anyone acting contrary to these Terms may be blocked from posting to our Facebook page. The moderators reserve the right to remove any message, in whole or in part.
Information shared with EOHU on Facebook is subject to the provisions of Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), 2004. This means that the information may be accessed and disclosed in response to a request under this act.
Users are advised not to share personal information. Personal information includes home addresses and telephone numbers, photographs containing images of identifiable individuals, and any other information consisting of personal information. Should you have any questions about your privacy rights as explained in this notice, please contact the EOHU directly.
Facebook, as a third party service provider, is not bound by the policies for web accessibility as set out by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Links to Other Websites
Links to websites not under the control of the Eastern Ontario Health Unit are provided for the convenience of users. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency, or reliability of the content of other sites. We do not offer any guarantee in that regard. We are not responsible for the information found through these links, nor do we endorse the sites or their content.
EOHU Employee Use of Facebook
Some EOHU employees use Facebook outside of work hours and in their personal capacity under their own names or pseudonyms. Despite their professional affiliation with EOHU, the conduct of employees on Facebook in their personal capacity does not represent the official position of EOHU. The conduct of these employees should be considered as that of private citizens.
Users agree not to alter, edit, delete, remove or modify the meaning, appearance or purpose of any content available through the social media account, including proprietary rights notices.
If you are looking for information about the Eastern Ontario Health Unit, please consult our website (www.eohu.ca). The usual ways of contacting us for official correspondence are detailed in the Contact section of our website.