- Benefits of breastfeeding
- How breastfeeding works
- Preparing to breastfeed
- Breastfeeding basics
- Getting started
- Troubleshooting for Breastfeeding
Resources to Review
- A New Life Online Prenatal Course - Breastfeeding Section
- My Breastfeeding Guide: Best Start
*If you have questions, write them down and have them ready for your virtual class with the public health nurse.
Things to Think About
- If you plan to breastfeed, why do you want to breastfeed?
- How long do you plan to breastfeed?
- How can you tell if breastfeeding is going well? When should you seek help?
- Where can you get help?
- Signs That Feeding Is Going Well: Best Start
- Ten Valuable Tips for Successful Breastfeeding: Public Health Agency of Canada
- Ten Great Reasons to Breastfeed Your Baby: Public Health Agency of Canada
- Breastfeeding and Bottle Feeding: Eastern Ontario Health Unit
- Having a Baby During COVID-19: Best Start
- Common Breastfeeding Issues Factsheets – Best Start
- Mocktails for Mom – Best Start
- New Dad Manual: 24Hr Cribside Assistance
- Call the EOHU to speak with a Public Health Nurse: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 613-933-1375 or 1-800-267-7120
Breastfeeding Help - Breastfeeding Resources Available in Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, Prescott and Russell and Akwesasne