Nutrition Resources for Health Care Providers
The Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU) has compiled the following list of nutrition resources you may wish to share with your patients, in support of their nutritional needs and goals. This list contains evidence-based nutrition and feeding guidelines, nutrition resources, and programs and services including programs offered or supported by the EOHU.
- Canada’s Food Guide
- UnlockFood.ca Expert Guidance. Everyday Eating (by Dietitians of Canada)
- Addressing Weight Bias: A Call to Action : Weight bias is a result of our conscious and unconscious thoughts, feelings and attitudes about bodies and leads to unfair and unjust treatment, health care policies, and guidelines.
- Cost of Eating in Eastern Ontario
- Green Food Box
- Ontario 211: Find community and social resources
- Nutrition Services by Registered Dietitians
- Seaway Valley Community Health Centre – Nutrition Programs
- Centre de santé communautaire de l’Estrie – Nutrition Programs
- Baby’s Best Start program offers individual consultations with a Registered Dietitian, as well as food vouchers and free prenatal supplements to eligible clients. Click here to register a client.
- Breastfeeding and Bottle Feeding
- Pediatric Nutrition Guidelines (Birth to Six Years) for Health Professionals outlines evidence-based nutrition and feeding guidelines for healthy, full-term infants and children up to 6 years of age.
- Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC) program offers support to families from pregnancy until children reach the age of six. A family home visitor or a public health nurse provides information and support in the client’s home on many topics.
To learn more about how our Registered Dietitians can support you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-800-267-7120. Please note that dietitians at the EOHU do not provide individual nutrition counselling services, except through the Baby’s Best Start program.