Prenatal Services at the EOHU
The Eastern Ontario Health Unit offers the following prenatal services which provide clients with useful information and resources during this period:
- Telephone advice
- Prenatal classes (including an online prenatal course)
- Home visits by public health nurses and family home visitors
- Infant feeding information
- Individual consultations with a Registered Dietitian (including food vouchers and free prenatal supplements to eligible clients).
- Link with other community resources and services
If you believe your clients would benefit from any of these services, please encourage them to register by calling the EOHU at 1-800-267-7120 extension 1341.
Alternatively, you can forward, with your client’s consent, a completed copy of the Congratulations form to the EOHU, and a member of our team will contact them as soon as possible.