Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP)
The new Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP) provides access to free dental services to seniors aged 65 and over who meet the required income conditions and do not have dental benefits either through private insurance or other government programs.
In order to qualify for OSDCP, a single senior must have an income of less than $22,000 per year, while a senior couple must have a combined annual income of less than $37,100.
The income eligibility for the new OSDCP is based on a senior’s net income (line 236 from their income tax forms).
Seniors can apply online or pick up a paper copy of the application form at their local public health unit’s office.
Dental services covered under this program include:
- Preventive services (e.g., cleanings)
- Restorative services to repair broken teeth and cavities
- Oral surgery services to remove teeth or abnormal tissue
- Endodontic services (root canals) to treat infections and pain
- Periodontal services to treat gum conditions and diseases
Prosthodontic services, including dentures, are also covered to a certain extent under the OSDCP.
Please click here for more information about the OSDCP program. Should you have any questions, please contact the Eastern Ontario Health Unit at 613-933-1375 or 1 800 267-7120.