More Resources for Older Adults, Caregivers and Healthcare Providers
- E-Learning for Caregivers: How to Prevent Falls – Free online course for caregivers, volunteers, family members or others who care for older adults. Takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
- Primary Care Practitioner Resources and CME: Falls Prevention Program – Regional Geriatric Program of Eastern Ontario (RGPEO) – Fall risk assessment and intervention tools, resources and accredited online CME course to support primary care practitioners
- Carefor Health & Community Services (Eastern Counties)
- Geriatric Programs for Patients and Families (RGPEO)
- Ontario Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility
- Ontario Injury Prevention Resource Centre
- Canadian Centre for Activity and Aging (Western University)
- Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines for Older Adults
- www.selfmanagementontario.ca– The Online Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (Better Choices, Better Health®) is FREE to individuals across Ontario who are living with one or more chronic conditions such as diabetes, chronic pain, high blood pressure, cancer, heart or kidney conditions, etc. The program was developed at Stanford University and was designed to improve self-efficacy and confidence in the participants, and address issues that are most important to individuals living with chronic conditions.
For more information or resources, or to schedule a falls prevention workshop, contact the Eastern Ontario Health Unit at 1 800 267-7120.