Labour and Delivery
- Planning baby’s birth
- Preterm labour
- Signs of labour
- Stages of labour
- Comfort measures
- Medical Help During Childbirth (e.g. induction, assisted birth, pain relief)
Resources to Review
- A New Life Online Prenatal Course - Birthing Section
*If you have questions, write them down and have them ready for your virtual class with the public health nurse.
Things to Think About
- What are signs of preterm labour?
- Do you have a support person? What will be the role of your support person?
- When is it important for you to go to the hospital or call the midwife?
- What is your goal for the birth?
- What comfort measures have you tried before?
- What comfort measures do you see yourself trying? Which ones do you think won’t work for you?
- A Healthy Start for Baby and Me – Best Start
- Preterm Labour – Signs and Symptoms – Best Start
- Important Signs to Watch for When You Are Pregnant – Best Start
- Having a Baby During Covid-19 – Best Start
- Your Guide to Labour and Birth – Best Start
- What to Pack in Your Labour Bag – Eastern Ontario Health Unit
- Pregnancy – Eastern Ontario Health Unit
- Call the EOHU’s Healthline to speak with a Public Health Nurse: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 613-933-1375 or 1-800-267-7120
- Telehealth Ontario: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 1 866-797-0000