- Newborn- the first few weeks
- Care of the newborn
- Safe Sleep
- Recovery after birth
- Postpartum blues & postpartum mood disorders
- Adjustment and transition into parenthood
Resources to Review
- A New Life Online Prenatal Course - Family Section
- Here Comes Baby Video Series: Ottawa Public Health
*If you have questions, write them down and have them ready for your virtual class with the public health nurse.
Things to Think About
- If your baby is crying, is it ok to pick her up?
- Why do we always place baby on their back to sleep? Why is this so important?
- What are some signs of postpartum depression? Why is this important to be aware of?
- Do you know where to go for help if you have a question?
- Do you know when to go to the hospital if your baby is sick?
- Baby is Here! Congratulations! – Eastern Ontario Health Unit
- Your Guide to Postpartum – Best Start
- Life with a New Baby is Not Always What You Expect – Best Start
- A Parent’s Guide to Vaccination – Public Health Agency of Canada
- From Tiny Tot to Toddler - Institut de Santé publique du Québec
- Safe Sleep for Your Baby – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Sleep Well, Sleep Safe – Best Start
- What is the Period of Purple Crying?
- Screen Time and Young Children – Caring for Kids
- Returning to Work After Baby – Best Start
- Call the EOHU to speak with a Public Health Nurse: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 613-933-1375 or 1-800-267-7120
- Health Connect Ontario: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 811
- Breastfeeding Help - Breastfeeding Resources Available in Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, Prescott and Russell and Akwesasne